Tuesday, November 4, 2008

AFP Blood Test

We met with Dr. Barbie today and our appointment went really well! She gave us the results of the AFP blood test and it came back negative...which is really GOOD! For those of you who don't know, the amount of AFP in the blood of a pregnant woman can help see whether the baby may have such problems as spina bifida and anencephaly. An AFP test can also be done as part of a screening test to find other chromosomal problems, such as Down syndrome (trisomy 21) or Edwards syndrome (trisomy 18). So, Andrew and I are VERY pleased and relived with the results. THANK GOD!!!!
We are still on track for a March 22nd due date.

3 comments:

Haley said...

Hi Guys,
What a cute website!! I can't tell you how happy I am for the two of! You both will be amazing parents! I can't wait to meet baby girl Pattisson...she'll be here before we know it!!!! Scott and I are looking forward to spoiling that baby rotten, we LOVE her already!
Love,
Scott and Haley

K Rhodes said...

I am so glad she'll be a healthy baby girl (and a looker from the looks of Daddy Anu in spanx). Auntie Kat cannot wait to dres her up in party dresses!

Anonymous said...

Yay! So cool Lis! Our little ladies are going to have so much fun hanging out....can't wait to meet both of them!! It was so fun seeing you on Saturday, I can't wait to hear more baby updates! LOVE YOU!!
xoxox Margot